The Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Park was officially opened by Disneyland's Anaheim resort on May 31, 2019. A small number of fans already have one of the coveted reserved seats (when others have a designated spot with a reservation at a Disneyland Resort hotel between 05/31/2019-06/23/2019) but — for all the fans who failed to get a reservation — you won't be left out in the Hoth cold. If visiting Star Wars Land is a dream come true, then start planning ahead as the grand opening to the public is June 24th, 2019 and everyone will be welcome (even those from the Dark Side). Whether you're heading down to Disneyland this month or just planning ahead, here are a couple of ideas to make the best of your trip.
There is No Try : Plan or Do Not Plan.
With the sounds of the bustling marketplace, the tastes of the mouthwatering food stalls, and the energetic new music by John Williams (the composer of the original Star Wars score) you will be transported to a galaxy far away as you pass through the park gates. Located in the village of Black Spire Outpost on planet Batuu, the bustling market square is bursting with exotic commodities, exciting adventures, and old friends like Chewbacca, Rey, andR2-D2, as well as shifting smugglers, colorful locals, and the threatening First Order. Batuu's long-forgotten world is all you might have dreamed, and— if you're like us — you're going to try to do it all at once! But it's... Since you can't eat Fried Endorian Tip-Yip, drink Blue Milk, build a lightsaber, and ALSO ride the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run all at once (at least not without getting really sick), you're going to have to plan accordingly. Whether you've just got a 4-hour period on Batuu, or you've got the whole day, you're going to want to make sure you're doing all your favorite things. A few of our recommendations are as follows:
1) Don't hurry to the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run attraction (everyone rushes first, which might mean waiting for you longer)!
2) Think about whether you'd rather be a pilot, an engineer or a gunner flying the Millennium Falcon (if you'd like to be a pilot then stand on the left side of the room during the opening dialog for the ride).
3) Hungry so you can try it all from Ronto Roasters, Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, and Kat Saka's Kettle Shop! From Fried Endorian Tip-Yip (a rectangular fried chicken concoction) to red and purple kettle corn, you'll want to eat everything!
4) Dress up to impress and mingle with scoundrels, pirates, and revolutionaries in Oga's Cantina (plus, enjoy a taste of the only alcoholic drink in the whole park with Jedi Mind Trick, Bloody Rancor, or Yub Nub)!
5) While you're there, enjoy a glass of Jabba Juice on us (just try not to think of the "eggs," or tapioca balls, in your drink belonging to that mad frog-like alien in a glass tank behind the bar...).
6) If you're looking for a non-alcoholic, take a trip to the Milk Stand for the famed mix of Blue and Green Milk.
7) Feed the crowds during the "down" hours.
8) Try Oga's Cantina's "virtual queue" and get a text when dining is your turn!
9) Order food or drinks in advance through the Disneyland app from all the best spots in Batuu.
Lightsaver. PNG 10) Savi's Workshop can only accommodate 14 people, so plan ahead if you want to build your own lightsaber (with 120,000 possible combinations).
11) Try to collect from the various vendors all the exclusive coasters and specialty mugs.
12) Download the game Galaxy's Edge and translate the entire Aurebesh language throughout the park.
13) Keep your eyes open for the Easter eggs hidden in the park (was that Indiana Jones Easter Egg we've just seen...?) 14) Go to the Droid Depot to try your hand to make one of the 280,000 exclusive droid combinations and go home with a new best friend!
15) Don't skip Dok-Ondar's Den Of Antiquities where you can see a baby sarlacc (oh, yes, it's still scary as an infant), a wampa of creation, and more hidden treasures.
16) Discover all the secret porg nests on the Millennium Falcon tour!
17) Commit to the local people by welcoming them with "Bright Suns" and hearing about the unique story of each cast member.
18) Try one of the vendors' drinks and check out the Star Wars specialty packaging on some of your favorite sodas.
19) Get ready to get a custom lightsaber, delicious food and unique souvenirs from Toydarian Toymaker with "credits" (or money) (because you want to buy everything).
20) The Star Wars: The advent of the attraction of the Resistance is starting later this year, so make sure you go there!
It is time to channel your inner Jedi and use the Force to make the best possible of your visit to the Star Wars of Disneyland: Galaxy's Edge park! Hop into your own junk hulk, grab some sunscreen, and put on an amazing t-shirt from the Fifth Sun Star Wars because this summer you're heading home to a galaxy.